- How We Help
- About Us
KVC Niles is taking many precautions to keep our clients and employees healthy and safe during the coronavirus pandemic. Click here to learn about the protocols we have implemented.
Located in the heart of Kansas City, Niles Prep provides state-approved and trauma-informed therapeutic day treatment to meet the needs of youth grades K-12. Personalized treatment goals are reached through the use of individual and group therapy sessions and small classroom sizes, offering a place to heal, a place to change and grow, and a place where learning is fun.
The Niles Prep day treatment program is designed for children and adolescents who have difficulty functioning in mainstream classroom settings due to educational, psychological or behavioral concerns. Using on-site therapeutic services, Niles Prep staff work to promote healthy interactions between teachers, therapists, students and family members.
Niles Prep Curriculum
Niles Prep provides a blended learning experience for students through the use of teacher-led coursework and online curriculum which are customized to uniquely meet the needs and goals of each student. Each child is able to work at his or her own pace and meet specific learning objectives.
Niles Prep offers a comprehensive system of therapeutic services including:
- Weekly individual therapy with a licensed therapist
- Weekly group therapy designed to increase social skills
- Certified teachers with a classroom ratio of 3 adults: 10 students
- All staff are certified in Safe Crisis Management (a comprehensive continuum of prevention, de-escalation, and safe emergency intervention strategies)
- Family therapy offered weekly to increase parenting skills and support
- Expressive therapies