KVC Hospitals is taking many precautions to keep our clients and employees healthy and safe during the coronavirus pandemic. Click here to learn about the policies we have implemented.
KVC Hospitals provides inpatient acute and residential psychiatric treatment to youth ages 6 to 18 who are experiencing behavioral and mental health challenges. As an industry leader in psychiatric treatment, we provide an array of innovative programs to help youth achieve mental health wellness through psychiatric, medical, therapeutic, and educational services as well as emotion regulation and social skills development.
The clients we serve are often struggling with:
- Impacts of childhood trauma
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Full medical, clinical and nursing assessment
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management (if medication is needed)
- Individual, family and group therapy sessions
- Care coordination
- Support and supervision from our trained nursing staff
- Innovative treatment and education to teach youth about their brains and how to regulate their emotions
Treatment goals are always individualized to meet the unique needs of each client and typically include:
- Identify and resolve the immediate crisis leading to aggressive and/or self-destructive behaviors
- Identify and strengthen resources to support healthy development and ongoing safe behavior
- Improve emotion regulation, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Organize services and community resources to support a timely discharge to a less restrictive environment
Our treatment teams collaborate with the youth, their families and community members to guarantee a safe and well-planned discharge. We are also committed to identifying continuing aftercare services to help cultivate the successful reintegration of children into their homes and the long-term wellness of the family system.