Over the 2016 holiday season, generous individuals, organizations and businesses provided gifts for 125 children, adolescents and adults receiving psychiatric treatment at KVC Prairie Ridge Hospital in Kansas City, Kan. and KVC Wheatland Hospital in Hays, Kan. These Holiday Heroes donated toys, blankets, sports equipment and more for to make the holidays special for our clients.
Each year, KVC Hospitals serves thousands of individuals who struggle with depression, anxiety, trauma, substance abuse, suicidal thoughts or feelings of violence. Our acute/inpatient and residential treatment services teach children, teens and adults new skills to process trauma, manage difficult emotions and move beyond traumatic experiences. Providing gifts is a wonderful way for the community to support youth and adults who are unable to leave the hospital or have no where else to go during the holidays.
Thank you to these individuals and organizations:
- Dr. Vinh is the Director of Integrated Health Services at KVC Prairie Ridge Hospital. Her son requested material to make blankets in lieu of birthday presents this year. The blankets were assembled by Girl Scout Troop 570 at Riverview Elementary School and donated as gifts for the youth and adults at our hospitals.
- Employees from Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce donated several toys, stuffed animals and other gifts for children receiving treatment.
- A group of local sorority members donated popcorn tubs to KVC Prairie Ridge Hospital. They have made this generous donation for the last two years. The donated popcorn is enough for the entire campus, including all patients and staff!
- Members of the Kansas City, Kansas Fire Department donated sporting goods for youth and adults receiving treatment.
- The Grant Mennonite youth group from Ulysses, Kansas delivered holiday treats to youth receiving psychiatric treatment at KVC Wheatland Hospital in Hays, Kansas. This is the second year the group has done this!
Toys and Tots | Criminal Justice Department FHSU | Avalon Health Care | Tom and Cynthia Ryan | Mark and Katie Arensberg | Redemption Plus | Swift Transportation | Boy Scout Troop 180 | Kansas City – West Kiwanis Club | Jessica Watson | Mary Frances Pomie | Patty Westfall | Marla Dercher | Claude J and Margaret M Supplee Trust | CB Inc. – Chicago’s | Donna Stark | Michael Cannon | Susan Arregun | Barbara Golubski | Eric Martincich | Betty Clippinger | Lupe Sherman | Sandy Sharkey | Judy Worrall | Kyle Estes | Kevin Waters | Ryan Pfeiffer | Larry Pfeiffer | Cindy Howdon | Mark Simcosky | Sam Clippinger | Cathy Peterson | Sara Craine | Susan McCaffrey | Donald Dumovich | Holy Family Alter Society | Sandy Cannon | St. Monica’s Circle of Holy Spirit | M.A. Wolf | Annette Keller | Barbara Frost | Linda Sutton | Carol McCarthy | Jacqueline Lopez