For children receiving psychiatric treatment at KVC Prairie Ridge Hospital, living away from home during the holidays can be an unsure time. Kids may wonder “will Santa find me?” or “will I have gifts to open?”
By donating gifts to a child who is unable to leave the campus or has nowhere else to go for Christmas, you are providing a sense of normalcy for them and alleviating the fact that they are not with their family during the holidays. Help a child have a Christmas like they would if they were at home.
Below is a list of items we are seeking for both boys and girls ages 5-18 at Prairie Ridge Hospital.
- Toys (Legos, handheld games, cars, dolls, action figures)
- Board games
- DVD movies (PG)
- Socks and slippers
- Sweat shirts and sweat pants
- MP3/CD Players
- Music CD’s
- Hair accessories for girls (no metal)
- Deck of cards
- Card Games
- Arts and crafts supplies (no sharp items)
- Hygiene items (deodorant, shampoo, lotion)
- Kansas City sports items (KU, K-State, Royals and Chiefs)
Gifts can be dropped off at KVC Prairie Ridge Hospital – 4300 Brenner Dr., Kansas City, KS 66104. If you have questions, please contact Karina Holtzman at (913) 890-7422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.